Thursday, January 20, 2011

(FASHION) The Leather Jacket an American Icon


If I had to describe my style I’d say I got the classic skater look going: tight worn jeans, torn up skate shoes, band or brand tee and a hoodie. This is and has been my style for years, as I came up skating, listening to rap and rock n’ roll. But recently a close girl friend of mine who runs an amazing denim line suggested I should rock an old school vintage leather jacket.

Now I’m a creature of habit, so at first I wasn’t too keen on the whole idea. But she was set on it and said I didn’t have a choice in the matter – sure enough she found a vintage shop somewhere here in Hollywood and picked up a perfectly worn leather jacket from 1968 (thank you Sugar Momma)…

As instructed by the fashion diva, I kept my hoodie on and added the leather jacket to my outfit. I gotta say… not too shabby. Made me think of James Dean, I mean how can you go wrong with James Dean? He IS the classic cool. Now that I got my cool on, I’ve been testing the waters with this jacket and I must say I would have never imagined the huge difference that one article of clothing can make.

AUTHOR: HANK SUGAR

No comments:

Post a Comment